Dartmouth Man Dies of Suspected OD at Veterans House
NEW BEDFORD - A Dartmouth man is dead of an apparent drug overdose.
The Bristol County District Attorney's Office says the 61-year-old Dartmouth man had been staying with his brother at the Sean Brooke House at 116 Lindsey Street in New Bedford. The house is a veterans-only living complex.
D.A. spokesman Gregg Miliote tells WBSM News the man was found dead Sunday afternoon in the living room with a needle and two bags of suspected heroin on the coffee table in front of him.
The man was transported to St. Luke's Hospital and pronounced dead at 3:50 p.m. Sunday.
A toxicology report on the body is pending.