Things Today’s High School Freshmen Have Never Known
As they begin their freshman year in high school, the class of 2017 is simply too young to remember some of the "everyday" things you and I have known. Having been born in 1998 or 1999, today's high school freshmen probably don't remember much from before 2004 or 2005.
- Not only have they probably never seen paper maps, they have never lived in a world without GPS.
- They are the same age as "Family Guy" and younger than the group Backstreet Boys.
- They have never had to use VHS tapes, and many have never even held a compact disc.
- They are so young even MYSPACE was on the way out by the time they were 8-years-old.
- They've never known a world without Harry Potter movies.
- Survivor and American Idol have always been on T-V.
- Most have never used a postage stamp or even mailed a letter.
- And, as far as they can remember, McDonald's has always sold salads and wraps.
Maybe you can think of even more things. Good luck to the class of 2017.