The Area’s Best Breakfast Is…
Last weekend I was asking you where the best places to get a tasty breakfast were…and you helped me out big time! So to pay it forward I’ve put together a list of the Top Five Breakfast Places on the Southcoast.
Based on suggestions from phone calls, emails and Fun 107 facebook posts I’ve come to the conclusion that the Southcoast does breakfast well! But according to you there are some that stand out and here’s what you had to say about where to get the most important meal of the day (in no particular order).
- Dillon’s in New Bedford. One Yelp user described their breakfast as “to die for” and they’ve even gotten raves for their service. Must try: Pancakes
- Persy’s Place in North Dartmouth. This family owned chain actually has nine locations throughout the Southcoast and many offer free Wifi. Must try: Corn beef hash
- The Courtyard Restaurant in Fairhaven. This area staple was described on Urbanspoon as “the best breakfast in the area” and many of Fun 107’s FB fans agreed. Must try: Eggs Benedict
- Rochelle’s Restaurant in Acushnet. Praised for their large portions and reasonable prices, one user on trip advisor says you may have to wait for a table on the weekends, but it’s “well worth the time.” Must try: Portuguese linguica cheese roll topped with eggs
- Kozy Nook in Westport. Facebook fans of this 35-year-old family owned restaurant give a huge thumbs up to the service and the staff (the food too of course). Must try: Biscuits and gravy
So if you’re up early and not interested in cooking this weekend you may want to venture out and try one of these area breakfast favorites. Maybe, like me, for the very first time!