Have you noticed a smaller paycheck this year? I have. The Social Security payroll tax break expired at the end of 2012 and it takes a little getting used to.

I came across some ideas from the National Foundation for Credit Counseling that I think are worth sharing. So here are some ways to find some extra money, now that you may need it:
-Adjust your withholding. It means more money on a monthly basis instead of a bigger refund. Use the IRS worksheet.
-Pay with cash. I've been doing this for years and I don't miss those credit card interest payments.
-Refinance your mortgage. It's a lot of work but worth those lower monthly payments.
-Quit bad habits. Make good on those resolutions to stop smoking, cut back on drinking and the lottery.
-Do it yourself. Stop paying other people to clean your house and do other things you can do yourself.
-Save $10 in 10 categories. Whether it's your cable bill, your groceries, or those extra coffee runs, this is a very
painless way to find an extra $100 each month.

I hope at least one of those ideas helps you make up for that smaller paycheck.