Skinny Drinks For The Summer
If you're working hard on dropping pounds in preparation for the summer, the last thing you want to do is throw all of your hard work out the window. But how can you resist the temptation of sweet libations all summer long. You go to a barbecue, maybe you even host a few. Everyone's got a cold beer or glass of sangria. Well you don't always have to pass on the drink.
Some cocktails are like meals in a glass (minus the nutrition). Some of the highest calorie drinks include White Russians, Pina Coladas, Mudslides, Long Island Iced Teas, and Margaritas. Each of these fall between 500 and 600 calories. There goes your hour on the elliptical.
Here's a list of low calorie or low carb drinks that you can enjoy in moderation without the caloric abuse:
1) Rum and diet coke: Only 65 calories
2) Miller 64: 64 calories and 2 grams of carbs
3) Champagne: a 4 oz glass of bubbly is only 85 calories
4) Gin & Tonic: Only about 110 calories
5) If you are a wine lover, check out Skinny Vine or Skinny Girl Wines. You can find them at Douglas Wine & Spirits.
When in doubt, seek information and advice from the Fun 107 Wine & Spirit Experts at Douglas. Click here to see their page.