Playoff Recipe: Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
I love boneless buffalo wings, but I was dying to find something better for you than batter fried chicken.
This is a fantastic adaptation of the classic American appetizer. I really enjoyed these to my surprise. To be honest, a friend of mine made these for us and we finished off the entire batch over when the Pats stomped the Colts! This is a really great app that is not only quick but crazy easy to make. Enjoy!
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 c buttermilk
1/2 c flour
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 c buffalo sauce (I recommend Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce!)
1 tbsp butter, melted
bleu cheese/ranch dressing
celery and/or carrots
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl whisk together buttermilk, flour, and garlic salt until smooth. (If the batter seems too thick add more buttermilk a tablespoon at a time. You want it to be slightly thick so that it sticks to the cauliflower. If it is too runny the batter will all drip off while baking.)
- Place the cauliflower into the bowl of batter and gently toss to coat.
- Spread the battered cauliflower out on a greased baking dish making sure to shake off any excess batter.
- Bake for 25–28 minutes turning once until some of the edges turn a nice golden color.
- While the cauliflower is baking combine the buffalo sauce and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Remove the cauliflower from the oven and drizzle the buffalo sauce mixture over the top and toss to coat.
- Return the cauliflower to the oven and bake for an additional 6–12 minutes.
- Remove the finished cauliflower from the oven and plate with some fresh veggies and a side of bleu cheese or ranch dressing.