UPDATE: Seven Arrested, Drugs and Puppies Seized in North Front Street Raid [VIDEO]
Subscribe to WFHN-FM/FUN 107 on
UPDATE 10:40 a.m. – New Bedford Police say seven people were arrested as the result of an investigation into the distribution of cocaine from an apartment on North Front Street.
Police executed a search warrant at 397 North Front St., Apt. 1, Monday night, turning up 7.4 grams of heroin and 6.9 grams of cocaine, in addition to packaging materials, a digital scale, and $233 in cash.
As a result of the findings, police arrested and charged the following individuals:
- Dorothy Perry, 27, of 62 Roosevelt St., Apt. 1W, New Bedford, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, possession of heroin with intent to distribute, conspiracy to violate drug laws.
- Dana Phillips, 48, 397 North Front St., Apt. 1N, New Bedford, possession of heroin with intent to distribute, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, conspiracy to violate drug laws.
- Lakisha Bridges, 39, 204 Sawyer St. Apt., 1, New Bedford, possession of cocaine, conspiracy to violate drug laws.
- Nicole Cannon, 41, of 28 Cleveland St., Apt. 3, New Bedford, possession of cocaine, conspiracy to violate drug laws.
Also found in the apartment and arrested on warrants were:
- Stephen Michael Rodriguez, 38, 383 North Front St., Apt. 3S, New Bedford
- Angel Pacheco, 48, 45 Tallman St., Apt. 1R, New Bedford
- John R. Gonsalves, 40, 278 Purchase St. Apt. 1, New Bedford
NEW BEDFORD – A late night raid resulted in multiple arrests at an apartment situated on the corner of North Front Street and Coffin Avenue Monday night.
Police carried out the raid around 9 p.m., with multiple units, including at least two police vans, responding to the scene.
New Bedford Police remained on the scene for nearly an hour, and made multiple arrests, including two males and one female. New Bedford Animal Control seized two young puppies from the home.
It’s not yet known exactly how many arrests were made and on what charges are being filed.
We’ll have more information as it becomes available.