New Bedford Announces New Year’s Eve Events, Receives Sponsorship
NEW BEDFORD — Christmas has yet to come, but the City of New Bedford is already rolling out plans for New Year's Eve.
For the ninth consecutive year, Bristol County Savings Bank has stepped up to sponsor the City Celebrates! New Year's Eve 2018 festivities in downtown New Bedford on December 31st.
Pat Murray, President and Ceo of Bristol County Savings Bank, says the institution is always pleased to contribute in any way they can.
"This is just one example of the things that Bristol County Savings Bank gets involved with," said Murray. "And we are happy and proud to be the lead sponsor again in 2018."
During a Friday press conference, Mayor Jon Mitchell was presented with a check for $20,000 from Bristol County Savings Bank, AGM Marine Contractors Inc., and Tucker-Roy Marine Towing and Salvage. The funds will be used to host a number of attractions in downtown New Bedford on New Year's Eve including live music, fortune tellings, digital graffiti, and, of course, fireworks.
List of events for City Celebrates! New Year's Eve 2018:
- Interfaith Service from 5-6 p.m.in Seamen's Bethel, plus a recital featuring harpist Eva MacFarlane 6-8 p.m.
- Toe Jam Puppet Band, 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., and 7:30 p.m. at the YMCA
- Lori Gomes Ensemble featuring Joaquin Santos, Yuki Monolog Kenesaka, and Vaughn Brathwaite from 5-7 p.m. at the New Bedford Harbor Hotel
- Living Art: Fortune Teller by Ten31 Productions at the New Bedford Fishing Heritage Center from 5:30-7:30 p.m., plus free face painting by Overhead Arts from 5-8 p.m.
- Soul & funk band D.D. Bastos & the Sons of Providence from 6-8 p.m. at Gallery X
- Vinny's Miracle Fish Puppet from 6-8 p.m. at the New Bedford Public Library steps
- Family Magic Workshop by Jedlie's Magic Circus at 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. at the New Bedford Public Library
- Whaling City Sounds with jazz music from 5-7 p.m. at the UMass Dartmouth CVPA/Star Store
- Digital Graffiti Wall by Pure Energy Entertainment from 5-8 p.m. at the Zeiterion Penler Space
- Living Art: Illuminated jellyfish by Ten31 Productions and NYE 2018 Smile Cam by Sutherland Visual Media from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park
- Mr. Vinny's Bubble Guys and Gals from 5:30-7:30 p.m. in Wings Court
- Cirque de Light with fire-spinning and LED hoop performances from 5-8 p.m. in Custom House Square
- DJ Anghelli from 5-8 p.m. in Wings Court
- Overhead Arts with stilt-walkers and glow hoops at Purchase Street, Wings Court, and Custom House Square
- Fireworks by the State Pier on the waterfront at 8:30 p.m.