My Top Five Favorite Restaurant Week Foods
What a week to be alive. Restaurant week was a dream. The morning show toured the SouthCoast, showing off five of our favorite restaurants. We met tons of fun people and ate countless dishes from each menu. Though all of the food has been amazing, here are my top five favorite items from restaurant week:
5. My fifth favorite item was the Chicken Sausage at Farm and Coast Market in Padanaram. The sausage came out sizzling and was the perfect addition to all of the food they served us.
4. My next favorite item was the Chicken Vegetable Soup at Sunrise Bakery and Coffee Shop in Dartmouth. With Gazelle and Abby fighting colds, the Chicken Vegetable Soup was just what I needed to keep the stuffy nose away. It was the perfect soup to warm you inside and out.
3. My third favorite item was the Steak and Cheese Steam Pockets at the Donut Factory in New Bedford. The Donut Factory donuts are amazing, but this sandwich was the best thing I ate there by far. It would rival any top steak and cheese at any sub shop.
2. My second favorite item of restaurant week was the Meatloaf Dinner at Family Ties in Tiverton. It was a homemade meatloaf that was served with a side of beef gravy and mashed potatoes. The meatloaf was so fresh and the gravy had so much flavor. It was on point.
1. Finally, my favorite item of restaurant week was by far the Azorean Bitoque at Tia Maria's in New Bedford. It was a sirloin steak topped with two eggs, peppers, and their homemade spicy gravy. I have never tasted anything like it. It was BOMB. Tia Maria's never stopped feeding us from the moment we walked in the door. I was like visiting someone's Portuguese aunt who was very concerned that you are too thin, so they continuously feed you. My favorite part of Tia Maria's was trying different foods that I'd never had before.
Restaurant week has been an amazing week. Thank you to all of the restaurants who participated and filled our bellies to the extreme.