Michael Rock’s Patriots Three-Alarm Chili Recipe
My neighborhood has Super Bowl parties whenever the Patriots are in the Super Bowl, so needless to say we have a lot of parties. I normally make my Patriots three-alarm chili for the party, but last year, I decided to do something different; I made homemade pizza.
The pizza was delicious, but the Patriots lost the game. Instead of blaming Brady's dropped pass, I prefer to blame the fact that I didn't make my chili.
To make up for my mistake, I have decided to share my recipe for all to enjoy during the Super Bowl. If you end up making it, I'd love for you to share a pic or video of you and your family enjoying it while watching the game. You can put it up on my Facebook page.
MICHAEL ROCK'S THREE-ALARM PATRIOTS CHILI
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 chopped yellow pepper (substitute a jalapeno for an extra zap!)
- 1/2 a bulb of garlic (that's a lot of garlic, but it makes it so tasty!)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) undrained of diced tomatoes - zesty if possible.
- 1 can (8oz) of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 or 16 oz) of red kidney beans
In a large saucepan, brown the beef along with the onion, peppers, and garlic.
Stir in the remaining ingredients (except for the beans). Heat to boiling, then simmer for one hour.
Stir in beans, then simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve with tortilla chips and hope for a Patriots win!