McDonald’s Celebrates Big Mac’s 50th Birthday
Starting today, celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Big Mac by collecting some MacCoins!
McDonald's has announced that they are offering a new food currency in honor of the juicy burger's birthday. There will be 6.2 million MacCoins globally distributed, and five versions of the coin will represent the different decades of the Big Mac.
The MacCoin will represent:
- The 70's, showcasing flower power
- The 80's, alluding to pop art
- The 90's, defined with bold, abstract shapes
- The early 00's, focusing on technology
- The 10's MacCoin, calling attention to the evolution of communication
Customers can collect the MacCoins when they buy Big Macs. They can redeem them starting tomorrow.
The question will be how many of the MacCoins will be tucked away in the hopes that 30 years from now, they will be considered a piece of McDonald's nostalgia.