Man Dies of Suspected Overdose at New Bedford Sober House
A New Bedford man is found dead of an apparent overdose inside of a sober house.
New Bedford Police tell WBSM News the 57-year-old man was found unconscious by a roommate around 7:30 Tuesday night at the Freedom House at 398 Union Street. First responders arrived and administered three doses of narcan to the man before transporting him to St. Luke's Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say hypodermic needles were found near the man's body.
The State Medical Examiner's office has taken possession of the body and toxicology results are pending.