Local Creameries Announce Opening Day Information
Finally! It's the announcement we've been waiting for, the sure sign that warmer weather is on its we; the opening dates of our favorite local ice cream spots!
A few of them teased on Facebook about 'big news' and 'stay tuned' but we all knew that they were talking about their first open day for the season. So grab your Lactaid and your napkins and get these dates into your calendar- it's ice cream time.
1. Somerset Creamery, both locations: Wednesday, March 16th at 12n.
2. Acushnet Creamery; Friday, March 11th.
3. Country Whip, Acushnet: Wednesday, March 16th.
4. The Ice Cream Barn, Swansea: Sunday, March 20th.
5. Dairy Maid, New Bedford: Mid-March, stay tuned for their exact date.
6. Moose Cafe, Fall River: April (But if you really can't wait, their Tiverton location is open year round!)
7. Oxford Creamery, Mattapoisett: Thursday, March 24th.
Most other area creameries won't open until May and no update is available for Dartmouth's newest creamery at John George Farms.