International Portuguese Music Awards Announces 2016 Show
The International Portuguese Music Awards (IPMA) are proud to announce the official 2016 Awards Show.
It will be held on Saturday, April 23, 2016 at the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, in New Bedford, Massachusetts. A Gala/ Red Carpet Event will be held the night before at the Cultural Center located in Fall River, Massachusetts.
The 2016 IPMA will feature the following performers:
* Paulo Gonzo (Portugal) – Premier Portuguese singer and songwriter with a career spanning over three decades. Multi-platinum recording artist.
Nelson Freitas (Netherlands) – Dutch born singer and producer of Cape Verdean heritage. One of Europe’s most successful performers in the Kizomba/R&B/Hip-Hop genres.
*Rita Redshoes (Portugal) – Portuguese solo artist. Winner of the “Best Portuguese Act” at the 2008 MTV Europe Music Awards and was also a nominee for “Best European Act”.
* Chico Avila (USA) – Successful Azorean born singer and songwriter residing in California. Has performed for audiences in many countries around the world and received two IPMA nominations in 2013 in the Musica Popular and Pop categories.
* Afrika Rainbow (USA) – Cape Verdean roots reggae band. They received two nominations from IPMA in 2015 for Video of the Year and World Music. They were also nominated at the Cabo Verde Music Awards for Best Reggae and Best Band on Stage.
* Frank Vieira (USA) – Rising country music star of Portuguese heritage. He has performed with national acts such as Marshall Tucker Band and Craig Campbell.
* Apollo’s Crown (Canada) – Ontario, Canada based band featuring Season 5 Canadian Idol winner, Portuguese-Canadian, Brian Melo.
A star studded event not to be missed. The 2016 edition will be the fourth annual IPMA and it just gets bigger and better every year!
The International Portuguese Music Awards recognizes outstanding achievement in the music industry by international artists of Portuguese ancestry. At the 2016 ceremony, awards will be handed out in multiple categories, honoring works produced outside of Portugal. Songs are submitted from all over the world and sung in Portuguese as well as other languages.
For more information about IPMA, please visit IPMAawards.com.
You can also find IPMA on Facebook, Intsagram, and Twitter @ipma_awards.
Additional Reporting by Kiah Heron