Hot Jobs in New Bedford: June 27, 2014
Here’s the latest “Hot Jobs” list from the Greater New Bedford Career Center for June 27.
This week’s list is chalk full of great opportunities. Their are openings in so many areas like the electrical field, sales and housekeeping. Check out the full list.
1. Housekeeping Supervisor #4263911 – Participate and supervisor the daily operations of the housekeeping services inclusive of the residents rooms and bathrooms. Minimum of one year experience is required. You will be required to work every other weekend. You will be responsible for the inventory needed to operate the facility. Policy and procedures according to the DPH Regulations.
2. Dispatcher #4259699 - Knowledge of computers required. Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel. Any experience with towing industry beneficial.
3. Sales Associate (Part-Time) #4263949 – Looking to hire – Part Time Associate – Sales background a MUST. Furniture background a plus! Spanish and/or Portuguese speaking helpful, but not require, $hourly salary plus commission.
4. Office/Customer Service #4273418 - ACCEPTING RESUMES THROUGH JULY 18TH…NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position entails working with the public as well as supporting sales staff
Must be courteous, friendly, self-motivated and work well under pressure, detailed oriented.
Professional phone skills are mandatory and must be comfortable with computer work . Basic required. Prior work with Inventory and Purchase-orders is a plus. Portuguese and/or Spanish Speaking (as second language) very helpful but not required. Schedule includes nights and weekends
Experience preferred, but will train the right person.
5. CDL Class A/B #4273389 - Gil-Den is seeking a full time CDL A or B driver with experience. Construction experience is preferred. Willing to train if experienced but not in the construction field. A driving record will be required at interview. Driving routes are local.
6. Secretary for Adult Education #4263938 - Assist the Director of Adult & Continuing Education to assure smooth, efficient, effective and high quality operations f the Adult Education program. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Quickbooks. Knowledge of Desk Top publishing and InDesign preferred. Experience in continuing education, adult education preferred. Skills in bookkeeping, typing, filing, general office machines, computer operations, telephone protocol and office responsibilities. Five or more years’ office experience required. MUST be able to work in afternoon and evening hours.
7. Fabric Pattern Cutter #4266591 - Fabric Pattern Cutter needed. Full and Part time hours are available. Experienced preferred. Please apply directly.
8. Skills Trainer #4273467 -Reporting to the Clinical Director, the Skills Trainer is responsible to instruct Consumers on all aspects of the Medicaid PCA program and assess consumers ability to manage program independently under the direction of the Clinical Director.
- Instruct consumers on PCA program regulations, policies and procedure
Evaluate consumer appropriateness for PCA program
Instruct consumer on managing program aspects
Respond to consumer questions and concerns
Provide home assessments as directed by the program
Develop working relationship with Fiscal Intermediary and consumer
Respond to Medicaid Staff
Maintain and submit required documentation in a timely manner
Participate in trainings as required
Maintain and understand all regulations of the Medicaid PCA program
Ability to meet with Clinical Director on a weekly basis
May be required to perform other duties as required
Education, Training & Experience: Good verbal and written skills; Ability to work independently; Ability to develop rapport with consumers; Experience preferred, but will train.
High School diploma with human service experience
Driver’s license and reliable transportation
9. Licensed Electrician #4273483 –Must have a Journeyman License. Will be working Residential, Commercial & Industrial. You will be dealing directly with customers so you must have exceptional customer service skills.
10. Electrical Apprentice #4273486 – Vocation Education is a MUST. If you have just graduated from an Electrical Vocational Program, please APPLY. You will be dealing directly with customers, so you must have exceptional customer service skills.
For more job opportunities and up to the moment information, be sure to like the Greater New Bedford Career Center on Facebook and follow them on twitter