Holiday Recycling Tips and Information
The City of New Bedford wants to make sure after you unwrap all your presents and polish off the rest of that eggnog, that you know how to properly get rid of the mess that's left behind.
The City is encouraging all residents to recycle as much holiday waste as possible, and has offered some tips so you can prepare before the festivities begin.
- Wrapping paper
- Corrugated cardboard boxes
- Gift boxes
- Greeting cards
- Beverage containers (e.g eggnog)
- Bows, ribbons and metallic wrapping paper CANNOT BE RECYCLED
Styrofoam blocks and Christmas tree lights can be dropped off at the Shawmut Avenue Transfer Station.
Christmas Tree Disposal
- Christmas tree collection: ABC Disposal will pick up Christmas trees from January 11 to January 15. During this week, residents may place trees at the curb on the day after their regularly scheduled trash and recycling is collected. Please remove all ornaments, stands, holiday lights, tinsel, and do not place them in plastic bags. The City will not collect Christmas trees curbside at any other time.
- Christmas tree drop-off: Starting on Dec. 26, Christmas trees can be brought to the following locations.
- East Rodney French Blvd. beach lot, between Hudson Street & Seymour Street
- Shawmut Avenue Transfer Station, 1103 Shawmut Avenue, open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, noon to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Brooklawn Park, near Pony League Field, enter at Irvington Street