“Cover”- A New App That Helps You Pay the Bill FAST!
The most annoying part of going out to eat is easily the whole ritual of paying the bill.
Flagging down the waiter, deciding who should pay the bill or if you should just split it, how much to include for a tip and then getting change if you need it- the whole thing is just annoying. But…just like for every other inconvenience in the world, there’s an app for that!
Glamour.com is talking about this new app, called Cover, which will charge the price of your meal and the tip right to your credit card, without you having to ask for the check or sign anything!
All you have to do is press the “start a table” button and set the tip amount to whatever you want, and you’re good to go!
This app is gaining popularity with restaurants in NYC and San Francisco and is completely free and ready to be downloaded!
Here’s some examples of when the app is super handy (and let’s face it, we’ve all been through these situations):
1. A bad date that can’t end soon enough. (Pay the bill while they’re in the bathroom, and they’ll take the hint!)
2. A really good date that can’t end soon enough! (Pay the bill fast so you can continue the great night!)
3. Your friend’s group birthday dinner. (Because no one wants to figure that bill out.)
4. When your mom and dad (and/or other family members) are visiting. (They pay for everything else when they visit!)
5. Any time you need to impress someone. (Boss, client, ex-boyfriend…)
Clearly, this app is helpful in so many ways and it may be the next big thing! Hopefully more restaurants catch on!