Carbon Monoxide Forces Evacuation Of Dartmouth Homes
Three homes in South Dartmouth were evacuated for a short time today due to elevated levels of carbon monoxide.
The homes are on Bakerbrook Road, Louthan Kirby Way and Ames Baker Way. The homeowners reportedly called 911 when their carbon monoxide meters sounded. When the homes were inspected, it was determined that two of the homes had elevated levels due to generators that were venting back into the home, and the third was caused by fumes from a gas stove. All of the homes were ventilated and the residents allowed to return.
Let this be a reminder to all of us to double check our carbon monoxide monitors to make sure they are working.