Bristol Community College Portuguese Club Collecting Donations For the Boston Marathon Bombing Victims
When the bombings occurred on Monday in Boston people wanted to know how they can help. The One Fund was set up by Mayor Menino and Gov. Patrick, and now the people of the Southcoast can easily donate.
The Portuguese Club of Bristol Community College will be collecting donations for the One Fund, set up by Mayor Menino of Boston to help the victims on the marathon bombings.
Starting on Saturday, April 20th and concluding on Thursday, April 25th, the Bristol Community College’s Portuguese Club will be out throughout the Bristol County Community collecting donations for The One Fund. All donations collected will be sent as a community donation. There will be no stars, except for the Bristol County Community that shows those that have suffered that they are not alone.
Where donations will take place:
- Saturday 4/20 Cafe Europe in Fall River 9a-5p
- Sunday 4/21 at Churrascaria Nova Mundo in new Bedford (call for store hours)
- Monday 4/22 Goulart Square Bakery River Street New Bedford - All Day event
- Tuesday 4/23 Chuarrascaria Nova Mundo in New Bedford (call for store hours)
- Thursday 4/25 Bristol Community College Main Campus in Fall River - G building 8am-8pm
Tuesday, April 23rd will be an especially important day when you can enjoy the best nationally acclaimed barbeque chicken at Churrascaria Novo Mundo. In return Churrascaria Novo Mundo will be making a 10% donation from all sales toward the cause. This is in addition to the donations collected! Not to mention some fine pastries and deserts at Café Europa in Fall River and Goulart Square Bakery in New Bedford.
If you have a business, and would like to get involved, contact Brian Martins at 774-417-1295.