Baby Suffers Alcohol Poisoning After Dad Mixes Gin In Formula
The 8-week-old infant became ill after his father mixed the baby's formula with gin instead of water.
He says it happened by accident, but there is some question as to whether he is telling the truth. The baby was taken to the emergancy room of a Los Angeles hospital after his babysitter noticed he was gasping for air.
After the doctors smelled alsohol they ordered a blood test. The baby's alcohol level was found to be equal to about five times the legal limit for an adult operating a motor vehicle. ER doctors said it was a life-threatening event.
The father was questioned and mentioned the possible gin-water mix-up. Doctors said the infant will recover but added that the long term effects are still unclear.