Contact Us

Abstaining Teens Are Still At Risk For STD’s [SPONSORED]

Teens who claim that they are abstaining from sex can still be at risk of contracting infection. How is that possible? Quite simply, the terms of abstinence have been redefined by young adults.

pixmac-com, Flickr

A teen may think he or she is abstinent by refraining from intercourse, but still engaging in other activity that poses high risk. Teens and young adults who label themselves virgins or abstinent, yet still engage in high risk sexual behavior, may believe themselves to be “clean” while not understanding that oral sex can transmit infection the same as intercourse. According to the CDC’s article, more than 110 million Americans have an STD. Fifty percent of those cases tend to be among the teen and young adult population, ages 15-24.

The STD that leads the list as most common, HPV, The Human Papiloma Virus. In 90% of the HPV strains, the STD will clear on its own. But in the other 10%, it can lead to cervical cancer or infertility. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are still also high contenders on the list.

For information on sexual health, proper protection or confidential testing, click here to visit the Citizens for Citizens Local Expert page. They provide service to all, regardless of ability to pay. All conversations are confidential.

More From FUN 107

Best of the Web

Leave a Comment

It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on . To keep your points and personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you. To activate your account, please confirm your password. When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.

Forgot your password?

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account with your Facebook account, just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing profile and VIP program points. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://fun107.com using your Facebook account.

*Please note that your points, prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.

Please fill out the information below to help us provide you a better experience.

Register on FUN 107 - The Southcoast's #1 Hit Music Station! quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!

Not a Member? Sign Up Here.

Register on FUN 107 - The Southcoast's #1 Hit Music Station! quickly by logging in with your Facebook account. It's just as secure, and no password to remember!